During your vision correction consultation, you and your doctor will discuss in detail which procedure is best for you. There will be time to answer any questions that you may have. When you are ready to schedule your procedure, we will discuss a surgery date, payment arrangements, and pre-operative instructions. Payment is due the day of your procedure and the cost per eye varies depending on the procedure. There are many options for payment.
The most commonly used payment options for vision correction surgery include:
- Cash or Check: A number of patients prefer a different option, so they choose other more convenient methods of payment.
- Credit Cards: Credit cards offer the advantage of being able to arrange your own payment schedule. In addition, credit cards often offer points or miles when you use them. Patients may like this added benefit! The Eye Center accepts: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express.
- Flex Plans/Medical Savings Account (MSA or HSA): Ask if your company may be able to help you pay for vision correction surgery. Many companies have implemented benefit options that make vision correction surgeries an affordable alternative. (Programs include Flex Plans, MSA's, HSA's, Cafeteria Plans or Alternative Health Plans and allow you to withhold a defined amount of Pretax Dollars through Payroll Deduction to pay for your eye procedure). You can contact your human resources office to find out if your company offers this option and how the enrollment process works.
- Patient Financing: We are pleased to be able to offer low cost financing through Regions at 8.99% APR* for your upcoming procedure. Please contact Ashlynne Youngblood or Greg Bundick at 803-779-3836 to qualify for this special offer. In most cases they can provide financing in 24 hours or less. Please visit https://www.regions.com/personal_banking.rf to learn more. (*subject to credit approval)
- Insurance Benefits: Insurance companies typically DO NOT cover vision correction eye surgery because vision correction is categorized as not medically necessary. However, on occasion, an employer group may offer some type of refractive surgery benefit to its employees. The EyeCenter staff will check on possible insurance benefits. Some insurance companies have bargained for “Low Dollar” providers to do their work. We offer competitive prices for any patient who has such insurance incentives.
for more information about our services services. To schedule an appointment, you may call 803-256-0641